Email the Green Team
Easy and Free Ways for You to Make Money for Evansdale!
FREE FUNDRAISING: Help the school for free!
Without donating your own money, or asking others to buy things!
There are a number of easy things you can do to earn money for Evansdale that don’t cost you an extra cent. A small effort on your part can add up to big funds for the school.
TELL YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND NEIGHBORS!
They can all sign up and help our school for free.
Click on each of these programs to learn more, or scroll down and review them all.
Printer Cartridges and Small Electronics
Paper and Cardboard
Want to know how your contributions have helped? Click here
For questions, please email email@example.com
Fundraising through shopping
Kroger Community Rewards
Simply connect your Kroger Plus card to Evansdale, and the school will receive money every time you shop! Once you are signed up, it’s automatic - a few minutes now will earn money all year!
• Simply register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
• Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy!
• Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
• Don’t have a Kroger Plus card? Get one at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
• Click on ENROLL NOW under GEORGIA
• Click on CREATE AN ACCOUNT (unless you already have one).
• Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
• You will then get a message to check your email inbox - click on the link within the body of the email.
• Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
• Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
• Update or confirm your information.
• Enter ‘Evansdale’ or the organization number 107494, select from list and click on confirm.
• To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see EVANSDALE on the right side of your information page.
• REMEMBER, purchases will not count until after your register your card.
Publix Partners Card
Publix has a wonderful ‘shop and swipe’ fundraiser. Pick up one of the Publix Partners keychain cards at the Open House, Curriculum Night, or during the year from the marked drawer in the credenza outside the school’s front office. Have the cashier scan it each time you shop at Publix. Publix will donate a portion of what you spend to the school. It’s that easy! Every swipe of the card adds up –every year, we make over $1000 for the school!
Q. I have a card from last year, is it still good?
A. The cards can be used indefinitely.
Q. My card is falling apart/got lost, and I never make it to school to pick up a new one, how do I get a new one?
A. If you need a replacement or additional cards, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name, class, and number of cards needed and we will send them in the Courier.
Target Take Charge of Education Program
If you have a Target credit or debit card, please designate Evansdale as your recipient, and Target will donate up to 1% of your purchases to the school. You can call 1.800.316.6142 or enroll online:
- Sign in to the Red Card site http://www.target.com/redcard/manage
- Go to account summary
- At the bottom you will see "rewards summary" and in that section is "take charge of education"
- Click "enroll now in take charge of education"
- Search for Evansdale and designate that as your school.
Target has given us over $2,700 thus far!
Office Depot’s 5% Back to Schools Program
When making a purchase at Office Depot, simply tell the cashier that you are with Evansdale and give them our account number, 70025480. (The cashier can also look it up under Evansdale/Doraville). Evansdale will receive 5% of the purchase in store credit to buy school supplies. For your convenience, stickers with the Evansdale number are the marked drawer in the credenza outside the Office; you can affix them to your wallet or PTA card.
Note: office supplies for your business may also qualify – and you can use the number for phone and online orders, too!
If you shop online with retailers like Amazon, please go through the Evansdale Education Foundation Shop With Us page: http://evansdalefoundation.org/shop-with-us
. Every time you purchase anything by first going through that link, a portion will be donated to the Evansdale Education Foundation.
Box Tops for Education
Many products (such as cereals, Ziploc bags, Kleenex tissues, click here for a complete list) participate in the Box Tops program and have the Box Tops coupon printed on them. Cut out and collect the Box Tops, then send them to school to the marked collection box by the front entrance. Each October and February we have a contest where the individual or family with the most Box Tops and the class with the highest participation win a prize. Each Box Top is worth $.10, and all those dimes really add up! During the 2011-2012 school year, we received over $1,900.
Q. How do we participate in the contest?
A. At the start of school and in November we send home a labeled baggie and a note with the deadline for the next contest. Just collect the Box Tops and send them to the school by the deadline.
Q. Can I send Box Tops at any time?
A. Yes! If you have a lot of them, it helps the Green Team if you send them in periodically. We add up the contributions for the next contest. Box Tops sent in March-May count for the fall contest. Please do not keep Box Tops for a long time, they expire! We do not get any money for expired Box Tops.
Q. Do siblings have to send separate baggies?
A. No, we count the total per family, and each child gets participation credit, so you can send all of the Box Tops together. But make sure you mark them with all the children’s names and homeroom teachers.
Q. Do I need to use the baggie?
A. No, any recycled envelop or baggie can do, just label them with name(s) and homeroom teacher(s).
Q. Do I need to cut them out or can I send the section of the package with the Box Top?
A. We take them clipped or ripped, as long as they show the whole Box Top. However, we can’t ship all the extra cardboard so we do cut them out, so if you can, please cut them out neatly as that will save us a lot of time.
Q. I have Bonus Box Tops. What do I do with them?
A. Please look closely at the instructions and expiration date of all Bonus Box Tops. Some can be turned in with the regular Box Tops, but some have a code that has to be entered on-line soon after purchase. If you do not want to register them yourself, you can send those in when you get them and the Green Team will take care of the registration.
Campbell’s Labels for Education
We also collect Campbell’s Labels For Education. They can be found on soups, V8 drinks, Pepperidge farm products, etc. Look for more details on the Campbell’s Labels for Education website. For each label collected, the school gets points that can be redeemed for supplies. There is a collection bin by the front entrance of the school. Please make sure you send the UPC code!
Fundraising through recycling -- Turn trash to cash for the school
Printer Cartridge and Electronics Recycling
You can recycle your print cartridges, handheld and other electronics. Evansdale gets money back for each qualified recycled item.
Here’s what’s accepted:
• Ink and laser printer cartridges
• Cell phones
• Videogames and consoles
• Digital cameras
There is a collection bin in the lobby by the door to the teachers’ lounge.
Paper and Cardboard Recycling
Evansdale is collecting paper at Leon Sims Circle. The vendor, Pratt Industries, pays the school money for each ton of paper collected. Bring all your paper products and put them in the blue dumpster.
This is what you can bring:
• office paper of any kind (staples and sticky notes are ok to leave in),
• newspaper, magazines, and catalogues
• phone books, other books
• paperboard (like file folders, poster board, cereal boxes)
• junk mail (even with the little plastic windows)
• corrugated cardboard
• waxed paper
• used tissues
• cardboard or paper plates with food residue
• paper with metal or plastic (like ring binders)
• plastic bags, Styrofoam pieces in boxes, plastic liners like those inside cereal boxes, or other trash
The bin is a Community Recycling Bin, so tell all your neighbors that they can bring their paper products, too (except weekdays during arrival and departure times of course, unless they walk to the dumpster).
HOW YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS HELP
For most of the free fundraisers, the school receives money back. For Campbell’s and Office Depot, the school gets credit to buy supplies.
The money from your free fundraising is very important. The school system does not provide funds for non-instructional activities, and budgets are tight, so the school can use the money to support some of those activities.
Here are some examples on how the school has used these funds:
• Grade level books and workbooks to help students prepare for standardized tests
• Medical supplies for the nurse’s office
• Custodial supplies and equipment to help our custodians maintain a clean facility. Example: A loading cart to lift heavy objects.
• Ten new tables for the school
• Dry erasable boards for students for the classrooms
• Fees for teachers so that they can attended seminars
• Computer projector for the media center, new projection screen for the cafeteria, new speakers for the cafeteria, new microphones for the cafeteria
• Eagle Buck rewards, Principal’s Book of the Month reward and other awards for students and teachers
• Banners for the cafeteria
• Bus driver appreciation
• Academic Bowl/Reading bowl registration
• Field trip fees to help students who would have had to miss them due to financial hardship
These are just some examples. What great causes! Let’s continue to raise these Free Funds! Don’t forget to tell your neighbors, co-workers, family and friends that they can participate without having to give you money!
¡Programa Kroger Community Rewards! (recompensas por la comunidad)
Dinero gratis para la escuela
¡Usted puede ayudar a Evansdale GRATIS! Simplemente conecte su tarjeta Kroger Plus a Evansdale, ¡y la escuela recibirá dinero cada vez que usted hace compras!
¡Una vez que esté registrado, que es automática - pocos minutos ahora ganar dinero todo el año!
• Sólo tiene que registrarse en la internet en krogercommunityrewards.com
• ¡Asegúrese de tener su tarjeta Kroger Plus práctico!
• ¿Utiliza su número de teléfono en el registro? Llame al 800-576-4377 opción 4 para obtener su número de tarjeta de Kroger Plus.
• ¿Todavía no tienes una tarjeta Kroger Plus? Conseguir uno en el mostrador de servicio al cliente en cualquier Kroger.
• Haga clic en ENROLL NOW ahora bajo GEORGIA
• Haga clic en CREATE AN ACCOUNT (crear una cuenta) (a menos que usted ya tiene uno).
• Regístrese para obtener una cuenta de recompensas Kroger mediante la introducción de código postal, haciendo clic en la tienda favorita, introduciendo su dirección de correo electrónico y la creación de una contraseña, aceptar los términos y condiciones
• A continuación, recibirá un mensaje para comprobar su buzón de correo electrónico - haga clic en el enlace en el cuerpo del correo electrónico.
• Haga clic en My Account (mi cuenta) y utilice su dirección de correo electrónico y su contraseña para proceder al siguiente paso.
• Haga clic en Editar Kroger Comunity Rewards información e introduzca su número de tarjeta Kroger Plus.
• Modificar o confirmar la información.
• Escribe "Evansdale” o el número de organización 107494, seleccione de la lista y hacer clic en confirmar.
• Para comprobar que está inscrito correctamente, verá Evansdale en el lado derecho de la página de información.
• RECUERDE que las compras no contarán hasta después de registrar su tarjeta.
¡DÍGALES A SU FAMILIA, AMIGOS Y VECINOS!
Todos pueden registrarse y ayudar a nuestra escuela de forma gratuita.